Tuesday 26 January 2010

Digipack...CD Covers

The CD cover/poster is an essential part of poduction for a band so for my Digipack, i looked at other album art that i was interested in. Ladyhawke's album was released in 2008 and by the same record company as my band, The Crimson Cucumbers. I really like the colourful artistry on the front. Its very playful and looks hand drawn. I also like the simplicity of the typography.


Passion Pit is the band who produced the record sung by my band, Moth's wings, and is the title of the album i'm currently making. This is Passion Pit's second album Chunk of Change. I like the abstract geometric lines which i may use in my cd cover or poster. Apart from that, the cover is rather simple :)It important that i look at cd covers of a fellow Indie band to make my own realistic as possible.


Elton John is another great artist who has a very colourful and arty cover. These wacky images run right through his "Captain Fantastic" album into his book inside. As an a member of the public, i like owning this cd because of the music and interesting artwork. It wouldnt be the same if i had downloaded it which is what is happened in this day and age of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment